What is the purpose of Action Mesothelioma Day?
Action Mesothelioma Day is always the first Friday in July. It was originally designated by the British Lung Foundation in 2006. It is commemorated by the Asbestos Victims Support Groups’ Forum, medical charities and other interested groups.
It is an important day to:
- Bring families together to campaign for Justice
- Remember loved ones who have died of mesothelioma
- Raise awareness about the dangers of asbestos
- Inform mesothelioma victims about current and future treatments
- Raise money for Mesothelioma Research – together we Pledge to Beat Mesothelioma
In 2016 we developed a video to raise awareness about mesothelioma and the dangers of exposure to asbestos. The song “Forget-Me-Not” was taken from words of a poem written by Audrey Carlin, DAST volunteer and put to music and sang by Simon Ball.